Silent Gliss design products that not only enhance the look of any interior, but are as safe as possible. We have developed specific products that can help reduce the risk of accidents involving children and window treatments. All systems featuring our child safety logo are thoroughly tested and meet the standards defined in EN 13120.
Silent Gliss - Child Safety.
CLICK CHILD SAFETY LOGO BELOW
Luxaflex Blinds - Child Safety.
CLICK CHILD SAFETY BROCHURE BELOW
Safe and easy operation
Luxaflex® is committed to adhering to the European EN 13120 standard (Internal Blinds Performance Requirements incl. safety) as a minimum safety requirement. We are continuously developing new products to help reduce the risk of accidents. Due to the changes in the European standard, you might have noticed some changes to your blind.
The standard operating length of most blinds with cord or chain operation, has been reduced to a maximum of 1 meter to lower the risk of injuries on young children.
Buyers and users of blinds should be aware of the hazards that can be posed by unrestrained cords, braids, loop chains and wires, which may be hazardous to young children. The following guidelines should always be considered:
- Young children can be strangled by loops in pull cords, chains, tapes and inner cords that operate the product. They can also wrap cords around their necks.
- To avoid strangulation and entanglement, keep cords out of reach of young children.
- Move beds, cots and furniture away from window covering cords.
- Do not tie cords together. Make sure cords do not twist and create a loop.
- Install and use the safety devices according to the installation instructions on these devices to reduce possibility of such an accident.